awarded for its relevance and sustainability
The building obtained both the BREEAM® ES A "Project in Design Phase" certification and the BREEAM® ES A "Project in Construction Phase" certification. This world-leading sustainable construction assessment standard recognises facilities that are efficient in resource consumption while offering a high degree of comfort.
In turn, ACCIONA provides cleaning and disinfection, waste management and gardening services at the seven hospital facilities.
The University of Vigo Hospital Complex encompasses three hospitals:
- New Vigo Hospital, with 1,465 beds.
- Meixoeiro Hospital, with 422 beds.
- Nicolás Peña Hospital, with 120 beds.
The project won the international "Future Health Project 2012" award from the International Academy for Design and Health for being the best healthcare project in Europe.
Financing for the concession contract of the New Vigo Hospital won the 2013 "European Healthcare Deal of the Year" award from the EUROMONEY Group through its Project Finance publication. The award recognises the most important financing operations in Europe.
- Location: Vigo, Spain
- Type of contract: Concession for the design, construction, funding and performance of certain non-clinical services for 23 years
- Infrastructure: The hospital is 279,837 m2 and has 1,645 beds, 35 operating theatres, 160 outpatient clinics, and will serve a population of 575,000 people
- Construction end year: 2014
- Services: cleaning and disinfection, waste management and gardening.