Located in Kentucky
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Located in the heart of Kentucky’s home of the covered bridge, the Fleming County solar project is an economic development opportunity being pursued by ACCIONA.
The project was originally developed by Tenaska, and will continue to have Tenaska’s support for project development. The project represents an estimated $195M investment and will employ up to 300 people at peak construction. It will create an estimated five to seven full-time jobs during operation, and it is estimated the project will contribute millions in local tax revenue over its lifetime.
ACCIONA’s team is committed to using local businesses and services providers when possible during construction and operation.
An independent consultant performed an analysis of the economic impact the project will bring to Fleming County. A summary of that report can be downloaded below.
Local Benefits of Solar Energy
- A boost in tax revenue without an increased demand on local services like police and schools
- Local job creation and support of local businesses
- Local partnership opportunities. Each ACCIONA project includes a social impact management program dedicated to advancing education, wellness or environmental stewardship
- Location: Fleming County, Kentucky
- Capacity: 188 MW PV
- Technology: Solar panels affixed to solar trackers
- Local Permitting: 2020-2021
- Construction: 2021-2022
- Begin Operations: 2022
- Owners: ACCIONA
Learn how you can support bringing this investment to Fleming County. Email us
- Key project in a portfolio of solar farms being developed in a partnership between ACCIONA and Tenaska
- Site will feature solar panels, affixed to solar trackers that maximize production throughout the day
- Estimated to generate millions in local tax revenue over the life of the project, while offering income diversity to the landowners participating in the solar farm
- Up to 300 new direct jobs during peak construction and an estimated 5 to 7 permanent jobs once operational
new direct jobs
in local tax revenue
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and benefits.
Learn more about ACCIONA’s commitment to community from recent project in Texas and how solar panels generate electricity
ACCIONA, a company committed to the community (Palmas Altas Wind Farm, Texas, USA)
Solar innovation in the Atacama Desert
How a large-scale photovoltaic plant is built in record time
A solar-panel complex was completed a few months ago in the Sonoran Desert in Mexico. From a bird's-eye view, the Puerto Libertad photovoltaic plant looks like a large glass lake. Together, the panels are able to generate clean energy