facilitation of information exchange
The FISSAC project involves stakeholders at all levels of the construction and demolition value chain to develop a methodology and software platform, to facilitate information exchange, that can support industrial symbiosis networks and replicate pilot schemes at local and regional levels.
The model will be based on three sustainability pillars:
- Environmental (with a life-cycle approach)
- Social (taking into consideration stakeholder engagement and impact on society).
Our ambition is that the model we create can be replicated in other regions and other value chain scenarios.
FISSAC aims to demonstrate the effectiveness of the processes, services and products at different levels.
- Demonstration of recycling processes to transform waste into valuable acceptable secondary raw materials.
- Demonstration of the manufacturing processes of the novel products at industrial scale.
- Demonstration of the eco-design of eco-innovative construction products (new eco-cement and green concrete, innovative ceramic tiles and rubber-wood plastic composites) in pre-industrial processes, under a life-cycle approach.
- Demonstration at real scale of the application and technical performance of eco-innovative construction products in a variety of case studies.
Industrial symbiosis model
- Demonstration of the software platform.
- Replicability assessment of the model through living lab concept (as a user-centred, open-innovation ecosystem, often operating in a territorial context).
The project runs from September 2015 until February 2020.
The FISSAC project is coordinated by Acciona Construcción (Spain). The consortium is composed of 27 partners from 9 countries (8 EU Member States and Turkey) and includes:
- ACCIONA CONSTRUCCION SA
- AGENCIA ESTATAL CONSEJO SUPERIOR DEINVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS
- ASSOCIATION DES VILLES ET REGIONS POUR LA GESTION DURABLE DES RESSOURCES
- D'APPOLONIA SPA
- EKODENGE MUHENDISLIK MIMARLIK DANISMANLIK TICARET ANONIM SIRKETI
- FENIX TNT SRO
- VANNPLASTIC LTD
- ASOCIACION ESPANOLA DE NORMALIZACION
- RISE RESEARCH INSTITUTES OF SWEDEN AB
- RINA SERVICES SPA
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- KERABEN GRUPO SA
- TURKIYE CIMENTO MUSTAHSILLERI BIRLIGI
- FERALPI SIDERURGICA S.p.A.
- AKG GAZBETON ISLETMELERI SANAYI VETICARETCARET
- CENTRO SVILUPPO MATERIALI SPA
- SIMBIOSY SIMBIOSI INDUSTRIAL SL
- FUNDACION AGUSTIN DE BETANCOURT
- BRITISH GLASS MANUFACTURERS CONFEDERATION LIMITED
- OPENBARE VLAAMSE AFVALSTOFFENMAATSCHAPPIJ
- CBI Betonginstitutet AB
- GLASS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES LIMITED
- HIFAB AB
- GEONARDO ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- INGENIEURBUERO TRINIUS GMBH
- BEFESA SALZCHALACKE GMBH