48 MW wind farm with 16 wind turbines
Grid connected in 2013, the Els Escambrons (Lleida) was the first commercial wind farm put into service by ACCIONA with AW3000, the 3-MW platform of ACCIONA Windpower that has had great success in several markets. It has 16 turbines, mounted on 100-meter-high concrete towers.
- Location: Almatret, Lleida. Spain.
- Capacity: 48 MW.
- Wind turbine: ACCIONA Windpower AW109/3000.
- Tower: Concrete, hub height 100m.
- Start-up: 2013.
- Owner: ACCIONA.
- First commercial wind farm with AW3000 turbines
- Average annual production: 123 GWh
- Clean energy equivalent to the consumption of 36,000 homes
- 118,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions to the atmosphere from coal-fired power stations avoided per year
- One of the first ACCIONA wind farms with concrete tower technology.
megawatts (MW) of power
tons of CO2 into the atmosphere avoided per year
jobs created during construction
million tree equivalent