expansion to three lanes
It was designed in such a way that it allows for future expansion to three lanes, and a 0.75-m sidewalk was created next to the 2.50-m hard shoulder, allowing any drivers whose cars have broken down, or any other person, to walk safely along the road should the General Council of Aragón deem it necessary.
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Client: Government of Aragón (End Client). Concessionaire: Sociedad Concesionaria Puente del Ebro, S.A.
- Contract type: Design, construction, operation and maintenance(PPP)
- Infrastructure: Structure for crossing over the River Ebro: The viaduct crossing over the River Ebro has a total length of 400 m, and has two parallel viaducts made up of 10 spans of 40 m each, executed with decks for each carriageway on prefabricated double T-beams and a compression slab, with a maximum height of 15 m
- Year of project completion: 2008