expansion to three lanes
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
It was designed in such a way that it allows for future expansion to three lanes, and a 0.75-m sidewalk was created next to the 2.50-m hard shoulder, allowing any drivers whose cars have broken down, or any other person, to walk safely along the road should the General Council of Aragón deem it necessary.
- Location: Zaragoza, Spain
- Client: Government of Aragón (End Client). Concessionaire: Sociedad Concesionaria Puente del Ebro, S.A.
- Contract type: Design, construction, operation and maintenance(PPP)
- Infrastructure: Structure for crossing over the River Ebro: The viaduct crossing over the River Ebro has a total length of 400 m, and has two parallel viaducts made up of 10 spans of 40 m each, executed with decks for each carriageway on prefabricated double T-beams and a compression slab, with a maximum height of 15 m
- Year of project completion: 2008