Designed speed: 120 km/h
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
Târgu Mureș - Târgu Neamț highway will provide a high quality road connection between two of the most important historical regions of Romania: Moldova and Transylvania, crossing the Transylvanian Plateau and Carpathian Mountains.
- Analysis of the legislation and regulations in force.
- Traffic study.
- Field investigations, including:
- Topographical survey.
- Geotechnical and seismic survey.
- Hydraulic survey.
- Archaeological survey.
- Land use survey – expropriations.
- Design activities.
- Environmental Impact assessment.
- Cost-Benefit analysis and financial modelling.
- Authorisations and permits.
- Technical assistance to the beneficiary for preparation and presentation of the financing application form European Union Funds.
- Preparation of full tender dossiers for the execution of the construction works.
- Technical assistance of the Designer during the execution of the construction works.
TECHONOLGY / INNOVATION
A high-speed road communication system and intelligent traffic control system will be designed and implemented for this motorway as a major option to increase the efficiency, fluency, safety and limitation of the environmental impact on the road transport process.
Intelligent transport systems are applications of communications and information technology that ensure both the monitoring and management of the road network and the information of traffic participants.
Environmental Impact assessment study undertaken in accordance with European Union standards, including the Study on the impact of the project on the climate and its vulnerability to climate change.
Section 2 of the motorway cores the Carpathian Mountains through 44 tunnels.
- Location: Romania.
- Contract type: Design.
- Infrastructure: 210 km of a 2x2 lanes motorway.
- 210 km of a 2x2 lanes motorway.
- Designed speed: 120 km/h.
- 8 road junctions, over 300 structures on the motorway (bridges, passes and viaducts), 17 passes over the motorway, over 35 structures (bridges and passes) at the junctions, over 370 culverts and 49 tunnels.
- The motorway also includes the following facilities: 7 short-term parkings, 7 maintenance areas type S1 and S3, 3 maintenance and coordination centres and 3 maintenance and support points.