Development of pv plant advanced tools
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Location: Technological Innovation Department of ACCIONA
- Duration: September 2015-February 2018
- Participants: ACCIONA in cooperation with Public University of Navarra and companies specialized in programing services, Big Data/Machine Learning, thermography and forecasting.
- Budget: €791,464
- Additional information: Project financed by CDTI and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through its multi-regional operational program
Content and activities
- Development of advanced tools for the operation and maintenance of photovoltaic plants to carry out automated analyses of the performance of their main components and the level of energy production.
- Development and integration of advanced new plant control strategies in SCADA, with or without associated storage systems.
- Development of procedures and measures to characterize and monitor the technologies used.
- Development of LCOE sensitivity analyses.
- Monitoring and characterization of photovoltaic technologies in desert environments.
- Development of an automated inspection and thermographic analysis system for photovoltaic plants.