Future Smart Cities
According to this line of action, the main targets to be achieved during the project development are the following:
- The development of innovative and cost-effective methodologies in the contest of the proposed strategy from the environmental, economic and energy perspective for planning, replication and implementation of urban interventions. These initiatives are focused in the reduction of the energy demand and the adaptation of the areas into near zero energy districts. The project addresses several pillars of action, emphasizing Energy and ICTs. The scientific and technical objectives of the project respond to these pillars though the identification of innovative technologies, methods and solutions for the energy retrofitting of buildings and the improvement of the smart grids and heating/cooling networks.
- The development of demonstration projects strengthen the replicability of the project, which consist of three large interventions in Laguna de Duero (Spain), Soma (Turkey) and Lund (Sweden) improving the energy performance and reducing the environmental impact.
- The maximization of the strategy replicability thanks to the active participation of the CITyFiED network of cities that is comprised of European cities with the potential to reproduce the project results.
- The dissemination related to the promotion of energy efficiency benefits in large urban areas as well as the consciousness and engagement with sustainability of professionals, academics, end users and citizens in general.
A big impact across Europe is intend to be achieved by the CITyFiED project results, thanks to its replicability, and it is expected to mean a step forward in the strategies for energy city renovations towards near zero energy districts.
ACCIONA participation in the project
The development of an innovative methodology for urban renovation at city scale is one of the most relevant contribution from Acciona in the CITyFiED Project. This methodology is conceived from the sustainable perspective and though a global and holistic vision, including economic, social and environmental aspects.
Acciona also participates in the study of different technical solutions to be applied in the façades of buildings to reduce thermal demand with significant implication in Laguna de Duero (Spain) demo site. In this demonstrator case, Acciona collaborates in the implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) methodology during the execution of works.
Finally and with less participation, cooperates in other project topics as, i.e., the definition of innovative business models able to cover the particularities of this scale of intervention.
Through these tasks ACCIONA is involved in several of the relevant scientific and technical objectives of the project as well as the promotion of sustainability and the adaptation of existing municipalities to smart cities.
60 months, from April 2014 to March 2019.
- Fundación CARTIF (Project coordinator)
- Laguna de Duero Municipality
- Veolia Servicios LECAM
- MONDRAGON Corporation
- 3IA Ingeniería Acústica, S.L.
- Fundación TECNALIA Research & Innovation
- Lunds Kommun (Municipality)
- IVL Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB
- Lunds Kommuns Fastighets AB
- Kraftringen Energi AB
- Soma Belediyesi (Municipality)
- TUBITAK – MAM
- Istanbul Teknik Universitesi
- Soma SEAS
- MIR Ar - Ge
- DEMIR Enerji
- Manisa Buyuksehir Belediyesi (Municipalidad)
- Steinbeis 2i GmbH
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement N° 609129.