The importance and value of feedback
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Construction start: July 2004
- Construction completed: February 2007
- Project configuration: 32 x Vestas 2 MW wind turbine generators
- Grid connection: Connected to Electranet's 132kV Lower Eyre Peninsula Transmission Network
- CO2 emission benefit: Approximately 150,000 tonnes per annum
- Project value: A$160M
- Location: Near the southern tip of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia, approximately 30 km south-west of Port Lincoln
- Diversified income for host landowners
- Generated a peak construction workforce of 85 manufacturing and installation jobs
- Provides a number of ongoing full-time positions on site for the life of the project (approx 20+ years)
- Protected and conserved over 2,300 hectares of native vegetation at the site under a heritage agreement
- Environmental Management Plan involves eradication of weeds, foxes and feral cats
- Clean energy equivalent to the consumption of around 35,000 homes annually.
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and community benefits.