enhance Public Transport options in Melbourne’s
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
The new station is situated between the existing Deer Park and Rockbank Railway Stations and now provides service to the residents of Caroline Springs and surrounding suburbs. The purpose of the project was to enhance Public Transport options in Melbourne’s rapidly growing western region and provide the local community with improved access to their jobs, schooling and social necessities.
Caroline Springs Station was successfully completed in January 2017 through the collaborative approach taken by V/Line, Coleman Rail and UGL all working closely together with the common goal of delivering this project on time.
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Contract: D&C
- Infrastructure: The revised works completed included modification to the existing platform to convert it to a center island platform, the installation of 1 km of new track around the platform, a pedestrian underpass, building upgrades and ticket office extension. A passenger waiting room was also constructed as well as enlarged undercover waiting areas, public toilet facilities, and landscaping/re-vegetation of the car park and front entrance approaches.
- Completion date: January 2017
- Project Value: AU$21 million
- Additional train services have improved Public Transport options in Melbourne’s fast growing western region and they are providing the local community with improved access to jobs, study and other facilities.
- Increased amenities within the station provide a more comfortable and safe public transport experience.
Coleman Rail, an ACCIONA company was awarded role of Head Contractor for the revised scope of Caroline Springs Station development. The design elements of the project were completed in conjunction with services provided by Opus. UGL were separately contracted to design and construct the signalling works.
The construction of Caroline Springs station was a V/Line and Public transport Victoria (PTV) project undertaken to extend transport alternatives to communities in Melbourne’s growing outer western suburbs. The new station was built on the existing Ballarat line and is estimated to be utilized by over 1500 passengers per day. The station was expanded to ensure its ability to service additional trains following the planned Deep Park to Melton line duplication.
The original project scope was to construct a single-sided platform with shelter and seating, bus bays, taxi rank and facilities for Protective Services Officers. The revised scope included modification to the existing platform to convert it to a center island platform, installation of 1 km of new track around the platform, installation of 2 tie-in-points, a pedestrian underpass, building upgrades and ticket office extension, a passenger waiting room, enlarged undercover waiting areas, public toilet facilities, and the landscaping/re-vegetation of the car park and front entrance approaches.