Creating a new terminal
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
The project includes creating a new terminal with three passenger tracks and improvement of two freight tracks, as well as restoring the building constructed in 1928 to be converted into a hotel, and the hard landscaping of the surrounding area.
The station, declared an asset of cultural interest, is a landmark in the railway history of Spain and France thanks to the international line that connected the two countries during the 20th century.
- Location: Canfranc, Huesca. Spain
- Acciona’s Role: Construction
- Infrastructure: Comprehensive rehabilitation of the building, the hard landscaping of the plaza and works to enable railway operations, which includes construction of a new train station and a new rail yard.
- An area for railway operations covering a total area of 63,850 m2.
- Canfranc International Station will become a leisure and restaurant complex, including a hotel to be operated for a 69 year period.
- Project value: 27 million euros
- Scheduled completion date: 2019