Creating a new terminal
The project includes creating a new terminal with three passenger tracks and improvement of two freight tracks, as well as restoring the building constructed in 1928 to be converted into a hotel, and the hard landscaping of the surrounding area.
The station, declared an asset of cultural interest, is a landmark in the railway history of Spain and France thanks to the international line that connected the two countries during the 20th century.
- Location: Canfranc, Huesca. Spain
- Acciona’s Role: Construction
- Infrastructure: Comprehensive rehabilitation of the building, the hard landscaping of the plaza and works to enable railway operations, which includes construction of a new train station and a new rail yard.
- An area for railway operations covering a total area of 63,850 m2.
- Canfranc International Station will become a leisure and restaurant complex, including a hotel to be operated for a 69 year period.
- Project value: 27 million euros
- Scheduled completion date: 2019