Identifying critical points
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Location: Hydraulic Production Department of Acciona
- Duration: January 2016 - December 2017
- Participants: Acciona and companies specialized in sensor, monitoring and alarm systems.
- Budget: €676,124.55
- More information: Project financed by CDTI and co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the multi-regional operational programme
Content and activities
- Creation of a comprehensive risk map, identifying any critical points that could affect third parties.
- Development of a new control and alarm tool through a system of sensors and the monitoring of critical points.
- Validation of the tool developed.