Northwestern corner of Spain
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
This 21 km highway has two carriageways, each with two lanes, a 2.5 -m hard shoulder, 16 underpasses, 14 overpasses with 4 pull-out bays with a total length of 58 m. The project was completed in March 2007.
As singular elements, the following stand out:
- 2 double-deck viaducts, the first 128 m long and the second 356 m long.
- 2 overpasses over the N-VI road and one over the Palencia - A Coruña railway line.
- 16 subways and 14 overpasses.
- Location: O Corgo, Lancara and Baralla, Lugo, Spain.
- Contract type: Construction.
- Infrastructure: Two carriageways of two lanes, each with a length of 20.7 km, 2 viaducts, 2 wildlife overpasses, 16 underpasses and 14 overpasses.
- Year of project completion: 2007