- Deusto University (Bilbao). Lawyer and economist.
- University of Southern California. Marshall School of Business. Master en Business Administration.
- Duke University. Fuqua School of Business. Senior Executive Program.
- Citibank (1980 - 1989)
- Financial Controller European Division.
- Investment Bank, London.
- Chairman of Citibank and chief executive of CITICORP for Spain and Portugal.
Deutsche Bank (1989 - 2008)
- In 2000, he was appointed CEO of Deutsche Bank for the Iberian Peninsula and head of the Personal Banking division for all of Europe except Germany.
- Between 2005 and 2008, he was Chairman of Deutsche Bank in Spain.
He does not belong to any other Board of Directors.