tons of urban solid waste
SOGAMA's urban solid waste (USW) treatment plant was built to transform non-recyclable USW into a type of refuse-derived fuel (RDF), to later be treated in a steam/water cycle boiler for electricity production.
With a total capacity of 50 MW and an input of 488,000 tonnes of urban solid waste per year, the plant is divided into four parts:
- Yellow Bag Classification Plant (PCBA in Spanish): Light Packaging Recycling Plant.
- Recycling, Treatment, and RDF Preparation Plant (PRTE in Spanish).
- Cogeneration Plant (PCOG in Spanish): Six groups of generators producing a total of 21.21 MWe.
- Thermoelectric Plant (PTE in Spanish).
- La Coruña, Spain
- Sociedade Galega Do Medio Ambiente
- Thermoelectric capacity
- 50 MW
- Waste to energy
488,000 tonnes of USW per year
Electrical cogeneration capacity of 21.21 MW
Thermoelectric generation capacity of 50.00 MW
Estimated production of 515,000 MWh per year