The Environmental Efficiency Plan, the Climate Change Plan and the Certification Plan set out ACCIONA’s main environmental objectives.
Environmental Efficiency Plan
Targets for ACCIONA offices in 2012 and production centers in 2013:
- 10% improvement in energy efficiency ratio.
- 10% improvement in water consumption efficiency ratio.
- Increase the amount of waste for recycling.
- Increase the volume of paper for recycling by 10%.
- Decrease by 10% the volume of hazardous waste.
Proprietary model for calculating environmental footprint.
The Climate Change Plan, included in the 2010-2013 Strategic Plan, aims to build a proprietary model for calculating ACCIONA's environmental footprint. This new evaluation methodology will comprehensively address the company's direct and indirect impact in relation to water, energy, waste and biodiversity.
Certification Plan total in 2013.
ACCIONA aims for 100% of its operations to be certified by international standards ISO 9001 and 14001 by 2013.